Homeopathic remedies work by stimulating the immune system to be able to defend itself and are obtained from extracts of plants, animals and minerals. Homeopathy has taken advantage of the bee and its itches without discomfort.
Homeopathy is a type of medicine that treats disease taking into account the emotional and physical characteristics of the individual, doing everything possible to ensure that the remedy fits the symptoms. Different types of people react to different remedies stronger than others. That is, homeopathy takes into account more «issues» that physical symptoms of the disease.
The principle «simila similibus curantur» understood as a disease to be treated by a substance capable of producing similar effects to those experienced by the patient’s symptoms, is the basis of homeopathy.
The German Samuel Christian Hahnemann (1775-1843) is considered as the founder of homeopathy. A disease will be cured by the remedy that is able to artificially simulate it.
Apis mellifica is a homeopathic remedy that is obtained from macerated bees. It is said that Dr. Marcy of New York was, who in 1847 discovered this remedy, after seeing one of their patients, attacked by dropsy and whose kidneys were not working, improved when an Indian tribal elder of the Narroganssetts treated her with a calcined and heated powder made from bees .
Preparation of homeopathic Apis. The mother tincture is prepared with live bees (including their stinger) which are killed using a few drops of alcohol. It is reduced in the mortar to a slurry which is then macerated in alcohol at 90%, for a period of 2 to 4 weeks. This tincture is diluted to the desired composition. A dilution factor of 1 in 100 is a named 1c. The more we dilute the remedy is, the more effective it is.
Knowing the toxicological action of bee venom, we can deduce its therapeutic indications. Bee sting causes burning sensation immediately. Quickly a pink or red edema appears, often brilliant, that applying cold improves.
Some cases for which the homeopathic remedy Apis is recommended, always advised by a doctor, especially if pregnant.
– First aid for insect bites. If the bite is hot, red and swollen, administer homeopathic Apis 30c every 15 minutes to a maximum of 6 doses.
– Skin problems. Swelling of lips and eyelids with a sudden onset or allergic type. If with fresh air, with undressing or after a cold bath you feel better, Apis30c every hour to 10 doses.
– Red or swollen back throat, with burning pain and itching in the throat, caused by an allergy and if applying cold compresses to throat improves, Apis 30c every 2 hours up to 10 doses.
For more information:
– The products of the bee, Dr. Daniel Bonet.
– Complete Guide to Homeopathy. Dr. Andrew Lockie and Dr. Nicola Geddes