The author of The Simpsons, Matt Groening, reflects much of his experiences in this TV-series. Therefore, the village where he was born is called Springfield, and his real family and the one at the Simpons have the same names, except him.
This episode is the result of what has come to American society on the situation of bees.
When Lisa Simpson tells his father that bees are disappearing not only in Springfield, but throughout the world, Homer does not seem to worry much rather nothing. But when he confirms that without bees no honey, Homer seems crazy. Even the local newspaper, the Springfield Shopper, published in cover at 3 columns «honey famine continues.»
In this recommended chapter from the Simpsons (Season 20th, Chapter 8, entitled «Burns and the Bees») we discovered several characters in this series very involved with bees.
– Groundskeeper Willie ( the Scotch). He is an experienced beekeeper. Says «is a tragedy, no one should outlive his bees, now you are itching to God.» Playing his bagpipes pays tribute to their lost friends.
– Professor Frink. It is the mad scientist of the series. He confirms, with field tests, that what is bees is «some kind of bee-measles. The way to save the bees is to bring together those who are not infected.
– Lisa Simpson. She is the star of the episode. She captures a queen to form a beehive and trying to avoid the bee-disappearance . She walks home with a bee beard.
– Mr. Burns. Build a beehive-shaped stadium, which will be invaded and then occupied by bees.
– Moe, from Moe’s bar. Together with Homer, Lisa wants to help in the fight to save the bees. Moe offers its super resistant Africanized bees acquired through a magazine of «men»,exciting African bee honey to cross to Lisa Simpson bees and create a superbee. No succes, she obtains a furious mutant bees.
– Bumblebee Man. Minor character in the series, working in a Spanish channel of Springfield. He can appear on screen at any time, as happens with Chapulín Colorado in hispanic channels, which inspired the author of the Simpson, to introduce a character like him. In this episode, he is attacked by mutant bees. His cry of «stop, I am another bee» does not seem to success.
A small contribution of this Simpsons to the fight against pollinators disappearance.
Deja una respuesta